Python DLL in Windows Folder

Michael Doppler m.doppler at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 06:05:39 EST 2007

On 27 Dez., 05:49, Tim Roberts <t... at probo.com> wrote:
> It's true that mallocing in one CRT DLL and freeing in another can cause
> problems, but in Python, I don't think that can happen.  Proper Python
> add-ins call Python APIs to create and destroy objects, so only the Python
> runtime will manage the memory.

There is at least one actual problem I came across in an application
linked with MSVCR 8.0, loading the Python DLL linked against MSVCR
7.1. When running a Python file using one of the PyRun_File[1]
functions, the passed file handle has to be created from the embedding
application. This handle is incompatible with the C file handling
functions used by the C runtime of the Python DLL, which causes it to
crash when calling PyRun_File.

regards,
Michael Doppler

[1] http://docs.python.org/api/veryhigh.html