"Python" is not a good name, should rename to "Athon"

Russ P. Russ.Paielli at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 17:02:45 EST 2007

On Dec 3, 1:47 pm, Bruno Desthuilliers
<bdesth.quelquech... at free.quelquepart.fr> wrote:

> Bullshit. Nowadays, anyone serious (since you seem to worry quite a lot
> about "being serious") about IT knows what Python is and who uses it.
> Heck, even MSVS now has support for Python and there's an official CLR
> port of it. Can't get much more "serious" (lol), isn't it ?

Not so. I know professional programmers and computer scientists with
PhDs who have barely heard of Python and who assumed it was something
roughly like Basic -- until I explained that it is a "serious"
language that can be used for serious work. Then there are the
managers ... who tend to prefer serious names. Sometimes they can see
past a joke of a name ... and sometimes they can't.