Tk Tkinter : multiple file selection dialog over multiple directories ?

goldtech goldtech at worldpost.com
Fri Dec 14 11:39:40 EST 2007

Hi, TKinter question

Let's say I use:

files = tkFileDialog.askopenFilenames(filetypes=[('AccessDB Files',

This works OK - I can select multiple files and the var "files" will
be a tuple of the files.

But let's say the files I want to select are in different folders/
directories, when I select a file then go to a different dir and try
to select a 2nd file it overwrites the 1st file entree.

Is there a way for multiple file selection over different directories?
With a dialog box or another way?

Thanks. Using Python 2.4.1