Is a "real" C-Python possible?

sturlamolden sturlamolden at yahoo.no
Wed Dec 12 09:36:49 EST 2007

On 12 Des, 12:56, George Sakkis <george.sak... at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah, the 'make' statement.. I liked (and still do) that PEP, I think it
> would have an impact comparable to the decorator syntax sugar, if not
> more.

I think it is one step closer to Lisp. I believe that it would be
worth considering adding defmacro statement. Any syntax, including if,
else, for, while, class, lambda, try, except, etc.  would be
implemented with defmacros. We would only need a minimalistic syntax,
that would bootstrap a full Python syntax on startup. And as for
speed, we all know how Lisp compares to Python.