3D plotting with python 2.5 on win32

anton antonxx at gmx.de
Fri Dec 21 04:37:03 EST 2007

Hi Peter,

I tried it, but I have problems downloading with easy_setup.

If I download files with firefox and a downloadmanager it works
(I also ha transferrates of 3kB/s which is quite slow)

> easy_install -fhttp://code.enthought.com/enstaller/eggs/windows/xp
> VTK enthought.mayavi[nonets]

My question (I didn't figure it out myself for now):

Is it possible to tell easy_install to create a list
of all files to download like

http://code.enthought.com/enstaller/eggs/windows/xp/enthought.mayavi-2.0.2a1-py2.5.egg
http://code.enthought.com/enstaller/eggs/windows/xp/VTK-5.0.3.0003_s-py2.5-win32.egg
..
..
..

so that I could pass this list to a downloadmanager and then install
the stuff like:
easy_install -f . enthought.mayavi VTK

Any idea ... I tried the -n parameter,
but since after every download easy_install had an error
telling me that the egg is not a zipfile ...
(perhaps it didn't get the complete file)
it deleted it afterwards anyway.

Bye

  Anton