os.system question

stanleyxu no_reply at microsoft.com
Fri Dec 28 13:52:28 EST 2007

Hi All,

I am porting Perl script to Python script. Everything works fines until
calling os.system().

In my script, a number of DOS-commands will be executed.
   for new_folder, old_folder in folder_array:
       os.system('MD "' + new_folder + '"');
       os.system('XCOPY "' + old_folder + '" "' + new_folder + '"');

In Perl, all outputs will be printed in console directly.
But in Python, outputs will be printed in separated cmd-windows.

Is it possible to prevent so many cmd-windows to be opened and let all
output be printed direct in Python shell?

best regards ^^)
--
        ___
   oo  // \\