Cheat sheet

Fri Dec 28 19:24:51 EST 2007

Riccardo T. wrote:
> Scott David Daniels ha scritto:
>> Riccardo T. wrote:
>>> That's a typo, thank you.
>> Hope I didn't offend (I was simply trying to be cute).
>> Some from a bit further along.  I know I didn't say so
>> explicitly, but I don't spend much effort in pointing out
>> errors in useless things.
>
> No, you did't :)
>

>> ---
>> lambda is an expression, not a statement.
>
> I'll remove that from the expression list.
>

>> Might include callable-invocation in operators?
>
>> divmod, pow, int, long, float are in __builtin__, not math.
>
> Yes I know, it has already been signaled by mail. They will be removed
> in the next version, except pow (the version with two arguments that is
> in my list belongs to math, while pow(b,e,m) is from __builtin__).
>

>> Note pow(base, exponent[, modulus] is good for crypto stuff.
>> Useful modules to read actually should include __builtin__,
>> os, and os.path -- maybe include os.walk and os.path.join.
>
> Maybe I'll add __builtin__ and  os in place of the type hierarchy, but
> I'm not sure about that. However, not in the next release. What do you
> think about?

How about:
top line w/ __builtin__, os, os.path (and no contents -- inspire
further reading).

On left for numbers:

Numbers
     long (big integers e.g. 9876543210L)
     int (plain integers e.g. 123)
       bool (booleans 0==False, 1==True)
     float (floating point)
     complex (e.g. 9j)
Similarly str, unicode, tuple, list  [that is, the precise type name]

    int (plain integers like 12)