How to setup pyOpenGL3.0.a6 for window xp?

Gary Herron gherron at islandtraining.com
Sun Aug 19 13:29:10 EDT 2007

Jason wrote:
> On Aug 17, 6:42 pm, Carl Banks <pavlovevide... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Windows comes with OpenGL libraries.  However, before you can use
>> OpenGL you'll need a package that can provide an OpenGL context, which
>> PyOpenGL doesn't do (easily).
>>
>> PyGame is the typical choice for most uses.  If all you need is a
>> simple window to draw on, this is the package you want.

If you want an *easy* way to create an OpenGL window and context, you
could try FLTK, and it's Python wrapper PyFLTK.  It's a simple (nice,
very small, well featured and consistent) widget toolkit with OpenGL
support.  Once the window is open, PyOpenGL (versions 2xx or 3xx) work
perfectly on the window.

See http://www.fltk.org/

Gary Herron