py2exe/distutils: how to include a tree of files?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Aug 24 16:55:23 EDT 2007

I'm packaging up a python program and need to include an entire
directory tree in the distribution. the data_files=[] option to
setup() is fine for individual files, but what do I do when I
need to include an entire directory tree?

On a more general note, I'm having trouble finding much
documentation on py2exe at all.  There's a wiki page at
py2exe.org, but it's pretty superficial.  It mentions looking
at the distutils documentation for details, but I've no idea
how distutils relates to py2exe or where in the distutils
documentation to look for py2exe stuff (I don't see anything
that looks familiar in the distutils docs).

There must be some py2exe documentation somewhere...

[http://sourceforge.net/projects/py2exe/ hasn't been updated in
5 years, is there any reason why it's still around?]

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! LBJ, LBJ, how many
                                  at               JOKES did you tell today??!