py2exe/distutils: how to include a tree of files?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Aug 24 17:08:33 EDT 2007

On 2007-08-24, Grant Edwards <grante at visi.com> wrote:

> I'm packaging up a python program and need to include an entire
> directory tree in the distribution. the data_files=[] option to
> setup() is fine for individual files, but what do I do when I
> need to include an entire directory tree?

[...]

> There must be some py2exe documentation somewhere...

I can't even find anywhere that documents the 'data_files=[]'
option to setup().  It certainly doesn't show up when I do
help(setup) after importing setup from distutils.core.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! What a COINCIDENCE!
                                  at               I'm an authorized "SNOOTS