Tkinter or wxpython?

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Wed Aug 8 11:17:15 EDT 2007

Cameron Laird wrote:

> While those with an artistic eye
> assure me the simplest Tkinter programs look worse
> that corresponding ones built with any other toolkit,
> they behave the most coherently in regards to resizing
> and so on.

"Look worse" can be addressed through extensive means: through theming
(via Tile, which can now be easily used in Tkinter; see
http://tkinter.unpy.net/wiki/TileWrapper); and through other aspects of
UI design, such as color, fonts, and even use of icons. A pyGtk or
wxPython application that uses old-school Gnome icons, for instance,
will look ugly. It's quite possible to make an attractive Tkinter
application using modern, stylish icons that even blends in reasonably
well on a specific platform (I've done it).

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin