Co-developers wanted: document markup language

Jeremy Sanders jeremy+complangpython at jeremysanders.net
Fri Aug 24 12:01:00 EDT 2007

Torsten Bronger wrote:

> Some LaTeX users in Aachen thought about a general-use markup
> language this spring.  I wrote some code and a rough project
> description, however, we could need some help.
>
> If you are interested, visit the provisional project page at
> http://latex-bronger.sourceforge.net/gummi/

Sounds a good idea - LaTeX has so many historical hangovers. How many people
on earth can actually write a LaTeX style file?

I'm not sure about writing LaTeX output, however, due to the crude nasty
ways it handles fonts and so on. How are you going to get enough controls
for users over what they always complain about: fonts, page breaking, and
positioning of figures? Maybe it's an okay first step however.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Sanders
http://www.jeremysanders.net/