python 3.0, pywin32 and scipy

vml victor.lebrun at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 16:53:34 EDT 2007

On 2 août, 22:30, sturlamolden <sturlamol... at yahoo.no> wrote:
> On Aug 2, 6:01 pm, vml <victor.leb... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > - my script using pywin32 for the COM layer and scipy for the maths
> > won't work under 3.0
>
> Why not?
>
> > - will we have the equivalent of pywin32 and scipy in python ?
>
> Say what? I've always thought pywin32 and scipy were Python packages.

The problem is quite complex in my case.

My company has a some softwares to do some test measurement which can
be automated with vb 6 via OLE automation.
One could use matlab and vb 6 or vb.net or even C# but I succeed to
show the advantages of python due to its simplicity and its
efficiency  but I am a newbee and not a computer scientist at all. Now
they want to use Python as the swissknife of the engineer.

So it is going from vb 6 to Python which is not really straight
forward ... If we want to do simple things like matlab script it is
possible in python, but it is also possible to do some OO programming
and even more.

So with python I need absolutly a COM level and also scipy and
matplotlib, I am confident that both will be ported to python 3.x.

I try still to convince people to switch for, vb 6 to python by
writting a python module which will handle the come layer of our
software.

I thank you very much for your answers.

I hope it will be possible to switch easily to python 3. But I need to
produce something as cheap as possible and I have no means ...

And I try to argue to give up vb 6 and use python. C# is for our
developpers the best solution to do this except the mathematic
stuff... python is so easy to use and easy to read I believe it can be
our best solution ...

Any ideas to convience people (except my scripts ;) )?