i am new to python-Please somebody help

Hyuga hyugaricdeau at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 12:26:43 EDT 2007

On Aug 2, 8:51 am, Steven D'Aprano
<st... at REMOVE.THIS.cybersource.com.au> wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 09:31:43 +0000, cool.vimalsmail wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> You would be better off actually writing a sensible subject line instead
> of grovelling.
>
> Subject: How to use gzip in Python? [beginner]
>
> Then, having written a good subject line, it might have suggested a good
> search string for Google: "gzip python"
>
> http://www.google.com.au/search?&q=gzip+python
>
> The first two links found will answer your question.
>
> --
> Steven.

<OT>
Unlike gregarican, I mostly agree with the content of your post.
Except for your subject line suggestion.  Why on earth would you
recommend someone use the obnoxious "How to ______ ?" question
format?  Yes, I know it's extremely common, but it's completely
nonsensical English.  Just try saying it out loud with an inquiring
inflection on the last word.  Sounds ridiculous doesn't it?  At least
without the question mark it means that the thread is on the topic of
"How to _____".
</OT>