i am new to python-Please somebody help

gregarican greg.kujawa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 15:08:57 EDT 2007

On Aug 2, 12:58 pm, "Terry Reedy" <tjre... at udel.edu> wrote:
> "gregarican" <greg.kuj... at gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1186063842.827016.95030 at q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
> | friendly than Python's. Your points are well-taken in how to properly
> | post and how to do your own homework. Message correct. Delivery
> | lacking...
>
> Sorry, I saw nothing rude in Steven's straightforward and indeed polite
> suggestion.  Your post, however, ....
>
> tjr

Maybe it's just me but the word "grovelling" just doesn't ring of
newbie friendliness. To each their own I guess. Kind of like the
Smalltalk list where a few respondents are really dry. Someone will
post asking something like "Can I use Smalltalk to do X so that it
talks to Y?" One guy (without pointing to a link or offering a
snippet) just posts "Yes." I guess literally they have contributed. Or
someone calls your house and asks, "Is so-and-so there?" You just say
"Yes" and hang up on them :-)