i am new to python-Please somebody help

gregarican greg.kujawa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 19:45:30 EDT 2007

On Aug 2, 11:03 am, Bruno Desthuilliers
<bdesth.quelquech... at free.quelquepart.fr> wrote:
> gregarican a écrit :
> (snip)
>
> > This link answers my question -->http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Python+list+rudeness.
>
> I seriously don't think that this newsgroup can be qualified as "rude"
> (and I'm possibly one of the "rudest" persons here). Compared to most
> comp.* newsgroup, Python is certainly one of the most tolerant and
> newbie-friendly around - and quite a lot of newcomers say so. FWIW, even
> FAQs, RTFMs or STFWs are usually expressed in a mostly polite way, and
> almost always with links and pointers (and FWIW, it's the case here).
>
> > Honestly, I have developed in both Ruby and Python for years now and
> > have consistently found that the Ruby community if more newbie-
> > friendly than Python's.
>
> I spent sometimes lurking on c.l.ruby and didn't find it *that*
> friendly. Not more than c.l.py at least, and certainly less respectful
> of peoples coming from other languages...
>
> Now if you want some examples of definitively "rude" newsgroups, I
> suggest you take your chance on other newsgroups in the comp.*
> hierarchy...

Good points. I guess I read a little too much into things. Apology
extended. I do recall when I was learning Python most of my questions
weren't crushed or anything. And I hear you about some of the other
comp.* lists. Browsing them awhile back I was left with my jaw open
thinking, "Oh no he diiiiiii....nt."