i am new to python-Please somebody help

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Thu Aug 2 11:03:29 EDT 2007

gregarican a écrit :
(snip)
> This link answers my question --> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Python+list+rudeness.

I seriously don't think that this newsgroup can be qualified as "rude"
(and I'm possibly one of the "rudest" persons here). Compared to most
comp.* newsgroup, Python is certainly one of the most tolerant and
newbie-friendly around - and quite a lot of newcomers say so. FWIW, even
FAQs, RTFMs or STFWs are usually expressed in a mostly polite way, and
almost always with links and pointers (and FWIW, it's the case here).

> Honestly, I have developed in both Ruby and Python for years now and
> have consistently found that the Ruby community if more newbie-
> friendly than Python's.

I spent sometimes lurking on c.l.ruby and didn't find it *that*
friendly. Not more than c.l.py at least, and certainly less respectful
of peoples coming from other languages...

Now if you want some examples of definitively "rude" newsgroups, I
suggest you take your chance on other newsgroups in the comp.*
hierarchy...