imaplib & Received: header(s)???

Petri Savolainen petri.savolainen at iki.fi
Sun Aug 19 04:26:21 EDT 2007

Hello,

Is there a way to get at the "Received" header(s) or is there something
in imaplib or imap server implementations that hides these? If not, what
IMAP FETCH command should be used? I've used for example
"BODY[HEADER.FIELDS (RECEIVED)]" and it always returns empty ("\r\n").
Despite the Received - header existing, as demonstrated by taking a look
at message sources via desktop email clients.

I need to get at the Received-for header to figure out at which address
we received an email. We subscribe to a number of mailing lists using
per-mailing-list addresses, and often, To: field contains something else
than our address, thus the need for Received-for.

Any help would be much appreciated - this is baffling me and I've not
found anything recent that would help.

Thanks,

  Petri