Question involving a Python app...

sberry sean at buildingonline.com
Fri Aug 31 11:43:30 EDT 2007

On Aug 31, 8:25 am, kyoso... at gmail.com wrote:
> On Aug 31, 9:52 am, sberry <s... at buildingonline.com> wrote:
>

> > I am a Flash developer (also a Python dev) and I use an editor called
> > SEPY Actionscript Editor.  The latest release version does not support
> > Flash CS3, so I downloaded the source from subversion, edited it, and
> > recompiled to get a version that worked with CS3.  Right now, in order
> > to run the program I have to do a command line "python main.pyw."
>
> > The question now is this:
> > Others in my company would like to use the version I have compiled
> > without installing Python, wxPython, 4suite, antlr, and a whole bunch
> > of other Python libs.  So, how do I create an executable (on Windows)
> > to install the program so it will run without the aforementioned
> > framework being installed?
>
> > I know this isn't really an entirely "Pythonic" question, but this
> > group has always been very helpful in the past.
>
> > Thanks
>
> I find GUI2exe to be very easy to use. It's just py2exe with a GUI
> frontend. Seehttp://xoomer.alice.it/infinity77/main/GUI2Exe.htmlfor
> more information.
>
> Mike

Thanks for the help... and for giving it so quickly - I can always
count on this group.

Problems though... I was successful at creating the dist dir with my
executable file, but when I try to run it I get an error.log file with
the following:

<type 'exceptions.IOError'>
[Errno 9] Bad file descriptor
[53]: main.pyw
[29]: SEPY.pyo
[16]: core\__init__.pyo
[5]: core\documents\__init__.pyo
[11]: core\documents\compare.pyo
[15]: core\documents\editor.pyo
[13]: core\io\__init__.pyo
[6]: core\io\xml\__init__.pyo
[11]: core\io\xml\autoformat.pyo
[29]: Ft\Xml\Domlette.pyo
[355]: Ft\Xml\InputSource.pyo
[584]: Ft\Xml\Catalog.pyo
[62]: warnings.pyo
[126]: warnings.pyo
[122]: Ft\__init__.pyo

Can anyone help explain what I am missing here?

THANKS!