python 3.0, pywin32 and scipy

sturlamolden sturlamolden at yahoo.no
Thu Aug 2 18:38:58 EDT 2007

On Aug 2, 10:53 pm, vml <victor.leb... at gmail.com> wrote:

> And I try to argue to give up vb 6 and use python.

Either you have a valid argument for switching to Python or you do
not. If you do not, there is not really any justification for the
extra work (including teaching your staff Python).

> C# is for our
> developpers the best solution to do this except the mathematic
> stuff...

In that case I suggest you should get rid of the staff. "Mathematical
stuff" is the realm of Fortran and scripting languages (Python,
Matlab, IDL, R). I would not trust anyone preferring C# for numerical
work to implement numerical algorithms.

> python is so easy to use and easy to read I believe it can be
> our best solution ...

Even if you are the only one knowing the language?