Co-developers wanted: document markup language

Torsten Bronger bronger at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Aug 24 18:08:27 EDT 2007

Hallöchen!

Evan Klitzke writes:

> On 8/23/07, Torsten Bronger <bronger at physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
>
>> Some LaTeX users in Aachen thought about a general-use markup
>> language this spring.  I wrote some code and a rough project
>> description, however, we could need some help.
>
> I have another question about your markup language. Are there any
> plans on adding provisions for layout and positioning? The
> difficulty of learning advanced layout has been one of my major
> frustrations with LaTeX (I'm referring to LaTeX's weird box
> system, I'm not sure exactly what the proper terminology for it
> is).

I don't know exactly what you mean but the answer is probably no.
For example, I want the author to state the title, keywords, etc of
his document, however, he should not state that he wants the title
printed centred and 4cm from the top of the page.

The latter is defined in the "theme" which will be given as a set of
ordinary LaTeX commands (for the LaTeX backend).

Tschö,
Torsten.

                                      Jabber ID: bronger at jabber.org
                      (See http://ime.webhop.org for ICQ, MSN, etc.)