What Are These Import/From Statements about?

Matt McCredie mccredie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 16:38:44 EDT 2007

> While that's an interesting link, I was thinking of the named items like:
>  Numeric, (this one I know about.)
>  Image
>  ImageChops
>  ImageTk
>  time
>  binascii
>  tkMessageBox
>  tkSimpleDialog

The `image' ones are all part of PIL (Python Imaging Library) which is
a third party module (http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/). The
others: time, binascii, os.path, tkMessageBox and tkSimpleDialog are
all part of the standard library
(http://docs.python.org/modindex.html). I don't see the documentation
for the tk* ones in the global module index, but you can always look
at the source. I'm not sure what MakeQTE is. If this is a program you
are able to run, you should be able to do something like this:

>>> import MakeQTE
>>> print MakeQTE.__file__

That will show you where it lives, and you can then look at the source
for more clues.

Also, you should be able to do this:

>>> import MakeQTE
>>> help(MakeQTE)

Which will also likely give you some good clues.

-Matt