What Are These Import/From Statements about?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 16:46:34 EDT 2007

W. Watson wrote:
> While that's an interesting link, I was thinking of the named items like:

Okay, sorry.

>   Numeric, (this one I know about.)
>   Image
>   ImageChops
>   ImageTk

The Image* modules are from PIL.
http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/

http://docs.python.org/lib/module-time.html

http://docs.python.org/lib/module-binascii.html

>   tkMessageBox
>   tkSimpleDialog

These are also from the standard library. See your lib-tk/ directory.
http://effbot.org/tkinterbook/tkinter-standard-dialogs.htm
http://effbot.org/tkinterbook/tkinter-dialog-windows.htm

> For example, what is the Image module? MakeQTE?

MakeQTE is new to me. Google only brings up this thread.

> ospath?

os.path. It's a sub-module of the standard os module.
http://docs.python.org/lib/module-os.path.html

socket, struct, glob, bisect, and datetime are standard library modules.
http://docs.python.org/modindex.html

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."