Server-side scripting in python

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Wed Aug 22 11:50:56 EDT 2007

In article <1187755436.972359.293360 at i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
Nagarajan  <naga86 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>                         .
>Let me phrase my problem in a finer way.
>I have done simple projects in python.
>I wanted to explore web programming facet of python. The problem at my
>hand is to develop an email web client. I've developed web
>applications in PHP. I need to evaluate python-based web frameworks to
>make a smart choice of the web framework or a language like PHP, Perl
>based on performance predominantly. Do I make myself clear now?
			.
			.
			.
In general, network latency is likely to dominate the performance
of a hobbyist-scale Webmail application coded in PHP, Perl, or
Python; to base your decision predominantly on performance is ...
well, it's not what I'd recommend.  You might as well flip a coin.

Flipping a coin isn't such a bad idea; it's possible to write good
applications with any of PHP, Perl, and Python.  Even if you restrict
yourself to Python, you can flip another coin and choose almost any
of its Web frameworks.

I salute your intent to choose a Web framework wisely.  In the ab-
sence of still more detail about your situation, requirements,
constraints, ..., I don't know how to do so beyond what I've already
written.