Server-side scripting in python

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com
Fri Aug 24 06:45:03 EDT 2007

Nagarajan a écrit :

>>> Let me phrase my problem in a finer way.
>>> I have done simple projects inpython.
>>> I wanted to explore web programming facet ofpython. The problem at my
>>> hand is to develop an email web client. I've developed web
>>> applications in PHP. I need to evaluatepython-based web frameworks to
>>> make a smart choice of the web framework or a language like PHP, Perl
>>> based on performance predominantly. Do I make myself clear now?
>>                         .
>>                         .
>>                         .
(snip Cameron's answer)

> Django is intuitive and handy. I think I would go with that.
> Any suggestions?

Yes : have a look at Pylons too. It's actually quite less 'polished'
than Django, but it's IMHO going in the right direction (as a matter of
fact, Turbogears 2.0 - another well-known Python MVC framework -  will
be based on Pylons...). Django is clearly more oriented toward
content-management, which might not be what you want for this project.

My 2 cents...