Replacing _xmlplus.dom.minidom with xml.dom.minidom

aine_canby at yahoo.com aine_canby at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 09:39:12 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm working with a number of scripts which were written years ago for
my company for Python 2.2, and I'd like to update for Python 2.5. I
have written a script to add # -*- coding: cp1252 -*- to the beginning
of all my scripts, and that has fixed the encoding issues.

Another issue was the use of -

from _xmlplus.dom import minidom

I couldn't get a version of this module for  2.5, so I changed the
above to -

from xml.dom import minidom

The scripts I work with are all working now correctly for 2.5. But I
haven't been able to test the whole system as not all of it concerns
me. Anyway, my colleges are interested in updating also if it will be
reasonably hassle free.

So my main concern now is the use of  _xmlplus.dom.minidom. Why was it
used and what differences should  I look out for with regard to
xml.dom.mididom

Thanks very much for your help,

Barry.