Replacing _xmlplus.dom.minidom with xml.dom.minidom

Stefan Behnel stefan.behnel-n05pAM at web.de
Fri Aug 3 11:50:41 EDT 2007

Robert Rawlins - Think Blue wrote:
> Just as a heads up, minidom is pretty inefficient and difficult to work with
> too.
>
> On someone else's advice I switched over to ElementTree and have been really
> pleased with the results, its much simpler to work with and more efficient
> too.

/and/ lxml.etree is compatible to ElementTree, so once you have written your
code for ElementTree, you can switch to lxml.etree if ever you need things
like XPath, XSLT or validation.

However, as I understand the OP, the question deals with old code, so porting
it to ET (i.e. reimplementing it) might not be that easy...

Stefan