status of Programming by Contract (PEP 316)?

Paul Rubin http
Thu Aug 30 21:41:55 EDT 2007

Bruno Desthuilliers <bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr> writes:
> FWIW, the "Eiffel and SPARK Ada folks" also "brilliantly explained"
> why one can not hope to "write reliable programs" without strict
> static declarative type-checking.

I don't know about Eiffel but at least an important subset of SPARK
Ada's DBC stuff is done using static analysis tools (not actually
built into the compiler as it happens) to verify statically
(i.e. without actually running the code) that the code fulfills the
DBC conditions.  I don't see any way to do that with Python
decorators.