python 3.0, pywin32 and scipy

vml victor.lebrun at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 12:01:15 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am trying to promote python in my job, my collegue only see matlab
and microsoft scripting language.
I understood that there willl be no backward compatibility between
python 2.x and 3.0, does it means that:

- my script using pywin32 for the COM layer and scipy for the maths
won't work under 3.0
- will we have the equivalent of pywin32 and scipy in python ?

I will be incharge of designing a python module which will be a
'matrix calculator' in our current software. Will it be compatible
with python 3.0 ? I guess no.

What can I answer to my collegue who will say 'Python is changing and
the stuff you are doing now is useless'?

how can I argue against matlab and c# ?

thanks very much