ensuring GNU readline isn't used

Josh Paetzel josh at tcbug.org
Tue Aug 7 08:38:50 EDT 2007

Is there a way to ensure that GNU readline isn't used (even though
support may have been compiled in?).  I'm experiencing a licensing
problem, I'd like to use the "cmd" module, for example, but my code is
proprietary and hence, if cmd uses readline, I can't use cmd.
Unfortunately, I can't control if the Python interpreter my customers
may be using has readline compiled in.  So, I'm wondering if there is
anyway to tell Python libraries like "cmd" to not use GNU's readline?

Alternatively, could we just include pyreadline as readline instead?

--
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel