Co-developers wanted: document markup language

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Fri Aug 24 16:44:26 EDT 2007

Torsten Bronger wrote:
> Reading only forums and newsgroups, one may think that this is
> impossible but in real life, I've seen more people using LaTeX
> exactly once and never again than people who keep using it.

This is funny. I developed a pretty good competence in LaTeX to write my
thesis (which thanks to LaTeX, looked beautiful) and never once used
LaTeX again.

The biggest hurdle to these markup languages is collaborative documents
and that LaTeX and the like are impossible for collaborators to learn.
Yes, impossible, in the 0%-chance-of-ever-happening meaning. So you get
stuck with Word. This is the reality once you are passed writing term
papers.

James

--
James Stroud