Problem with Thread.join()

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 19:10:53 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a class that derives from threading.Thread. To signal the thread to
exit its infinite loop, I set an Event. Once the thread checks Event.isSet()
and it is true, it proceeds to break out of the loop and exit the function.
In the main thread, right after calling Event.set(), I call Thread.join() to
wait on the thread to exit. However, if I call Thread.join() the application
locks up because for some reason calling Thread.join() prevents the thread
from exiting. I don't know why. Any help? Thanks...