the one python book

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 11:59:53 EDT 2007

On Aug 4, 8:23 am, "dhr" <dima.hris... at gmail.com> wrote:
> newbie question:
>
> Is there a 'K&R" type of Python book? The book that you'd better have on
> your shelf if you are going into Python?

I would recommend "Programming Python 3rd Ed." by Lutz or "Core Python
Programming" by Chun. Lutz has more examples than Chun, but Chun has
lots of good information about the language's history. Both authors
share interesting facts about the language, some of which are pretty
obscure. Lutz has good case studies though, so it may be slightly more
valuable.

Mike