Co-developers wanted: document markup language

Wildemar Wildenburger wildemar at freakmail.de
Fri Aug 24 06:14:09 EDT 2007

Torsten Bronger wrote:
> Hallöchen!

Yes, you're German. Have you ever noticed that (we) Germans are
virtually the only ones that feel the need to rub our nationality into
everyones faces? ;)

> Paul Rubin writes
>
>> TeX/LateX have been around forever and are well established
>> standards, as awful as they are.  Why do we want ANOTHER markup
>> language?
>>
> Well, because they are awful.  ;-)  I don't see that there is a
> bunch of already existing projects, in fact, I don't see anyone
> challenging LaTeX at all.  However, competition is a good thing, and
> I think there are enough aspects about LaTeX that can be done better
> so that this project is worth being done.

Well there is ConTeXt <URL:http://wiki.contextgarden.net/>. I've never
actually used it, but from reading the docs I deem it a very attractive
alternative to LaTeX.

/W