Do other Python GUI toolkits require this?

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Apr 19 08:49:05 EDT 2007

 I don't know how this whole things started,

But it is funny on both sides. And hilarious from the outside. It sounds
like university Banter really. And who can avoid getting their 2 cents
in. Honestly

And people say computers are all about science. You guys prove that we
are all as much tech geeks and semantic geeks.

>From my own experiential education background, and currently trying to
learn python I would say my exposure to python as a scripting language
is a logical extension to my knowledge of DOS and BASH scripting so in
that respect I am on a shallow learning curve. That is little effort
(say 5 on the X axis) over a given time (say 10 y).

Now, my goal is to take what I had learn about VB6 over the last number
of months to modify a chunk of in-house software My learning curve was
steeper. That is I had the same amount of time (10 y) but I had to put
in some more effort, so a moderate curve using 10 X as my peak, or point
where I plateau.

However where I as a newbie am having a hard time is programming a GUI
and full application using python (hence why I saw the topic), and
understanding OOP. Therefore right now I feel as though I am on a steep
learning curve. So maybe 20 or 30 on the X and I still have the same
amount of time.

To further support this I took the first result of google (of course the
worlds most authoritative resource on randomness) and went to this BLOG
(worlds best phenomena of random and unsubstantiated opinions).
http://createwhatmattersmost.blogspot.com/2006/10/learning-curve-explain
ed.html

And found this

I guess I'm approaching the "knee" of the learning curve, that magical
transition point on the learning at which you begin to generate results
far out of proportion to time and energy expended.

This tells me my understanding is the common accepted one of X= Effort,
Y= time or productivity  ... But really productivity is a function of
time.

C'mon now folks, if this is university banter the least I should see is
some referencing.

Thanks for demonstrating my own lack of will power and propensity to
engage in both of your OCB.

Now I must get back to my steep learning curve or else I will be back on
the street.

Cheers