Getting Stack Trace on segfault

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Fri Apr 6 08:13:33 EDT 2007

Hello All,

The built-in mac osx vecLib is segfaulting in some cases--A very fun
fact to find out the hard way over two nights of work. I also spent an
embarrassing amount of time figuring out just where. Although I'm in
quite a self-congratulatory mood right now, in the future, I feel like I
could save a lot of time by coercing the interpreter to spew forth
method calls to stderr. Is this possible?

I would hope to produce something hauntingly reminiscent of

[] my_function
[my_function] another_function
[my_function -> another_function] yet_a_deeper_function

Presentation, of course, is irrelevant.

I read the docs on pdb, but it did not seem to do what I want--unless,
of course, I missed something.

James