About Trolltech QT OpenSource license.

king kikapu aboudouvas at panafonet.gr
Wed Apr 11 05:51:02 EDT 2007

On Apr 11, 10:56 am, Robert Kern <robert.k... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Others have given good answers. I would only like to clarify what I think is the
> source of confusion here. While the FSF and many open source advocates make a
> distinction between the words "commercial" (meaning that someone derives money
> from distributing the software, whether it is GPLed or not) and "proprietary"
> (meaning that the software is not being distributed under an open source license
> but one that restricts user's rights), Trolltech abuses the term "commercial" to
> mean "proprietary" in this case.

Ok, i see...So i can use Qt OS edition and earn money from this as
long as i explicitly say (is a reference to a GPL in a readme text
file enough for this ?) that this software is under the GPL lisence
and i have the obligation to give the source code with it.
I will reply to that email of Trolltec's today and i will tell them
about the things mentioned here, basically just the sentence i wrote
above.
I see what they will reply and post it here...