No speedup on multi-processor machine?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 23:09:02 EDT 2007

John Nagle wrote:
> There's a numerics library
> for Python called NumPy, but it doesn't have a convolution function,
> although it has an FFT, which may be useful.

In [1]: from numpy import *

In [2]: convolve?
Type:           function
Base Class:     <type 'function'>
Namespace:      Interactive
File:
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy-1.0.3.dev3714-py2.5-macosx-10.3-fat.egg/numpy/core/numeric.py
Definition:     convolve(a, v, mode='full')
Docstring:
    Returns the discrete, linear convolution of 1-D sequences a and v; mode
    can be 'valid', 'same', or 'full' to specify size of the resulting sequence.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco