Universal Feed Parser issue

i3dmaster i3dmaster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 13:07:15 EDT 2007

On Apr 11, 12:06 am, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar>
wrote:
> En Wed, 11 Apr 2007 01:51:13 -0300, i3dmaster <i3dmas... at gmail.com>
> escribió:
>

> > On Apr 10, 6:45 pm, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar>
> > wrote:

> >> Usually it's a good idea to read the documentation...
> >>http://www.feedparser.org/docs/namespace-handling.html
>
> > I did. Perhaps its because of not 100% atom compatible of my feed
> > format? See if I use gnosis xml utility to parse it, it works fine
> > though...
>
> The link above answers *exactly* your question - have you actually read
> the page?
>
> --
> Gabriel Genellina

Hmm... well I don't know if I made my question clear then or you might
have misread it?... Anyway, the namespace handling wasn't the issue
of  this question. feedparser handles it as expected but only when
there is a text value associated with it. Look at the rdf file you
will see  the prism:issn element has a text value but in my case, the
foo:timezone element DOES NOT have a text value but a Attribute or
maybe attributes... What it looks like is feedparser simply ignores
all the attributes when parsing it. This behavior wasn't seen from
other xml parsers though.