Newbie - needs help

Anbeyon anbeyon at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 3 16:42:17 EDT 2007

Hi

I have not yet programmed in Python but am experienced in a number o
other languages.

I'd like to start to use Python to develop cross platform applications
but havin kust started to investigate tols, libraries etc  I feel a
little overwhelmed.

I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

What I'd like to achieve is the abilty to develop applications for
both Windows and Linux (Desktop and embedded).  I'd also like to be
able to develop applications that make use of TCP/IP and things like
'Widget' libraries.

In an ideal would like to be able to pull together Python apps with
GUI front ends  in a nice IDE with a debugger.

Does such a toolset exisit ?

Perhaps some people can sully me some links ?

Thanks in advance.

Anbeyon