pyparsing Catch-22

7stud bbxx789_05ss at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 15 21:26:22 EDT 2007

To  the developer:

1) I went to the pyparsing wiki to download the pyparsing module and
try it
2) At the wiki, there was no index entry in the table of contents for
Downloads.  After searching around a bit,  I finally discovered a tiny
link buried in some text at the top of the home page.
3) Link goes to sourceforge.  At sourceforge, there was a nice, green
'download' button that stood out from the page.
4) I clicked on the download button and got the warning:
-----
You have selected to download the pyparsing-1.4.6 release.

Below is a list of files contained in this release.
Before downloading, you may want to read the release notes.
-----

5) Can't find any release notes, nor any button to click to download
the package.
6) Give up in frustration.
7) A few minutes later, I decide: I will not give up.
8) I go back to sourceforge and start clicking every link on the page.
(Hello, porn sites! Just kidding.)  Still no luck.
9) Finally.  I click on something and a download begins.  I cancel it.
10) Now I know what to click on, and I download the docs and
pyparsing-1.4.6.tar
11) Now what?  I'm new to mac os x, and I have no idea what to do.
The wiki is devoid of any installation instructions.
12) I give up again.

For as hard as you push pyparsing on this forum, I would think you
would make it easier to download and install your module.   In my
opinion, the wiki should provide detailed installation instructions
for all supported os's, and the sourceforge downloading process is too
complicated.