how can I clear a dictionary in python

Delaney, Timothy (Tim) tdelaney at avaya.com
Wed Apr 4 19:35:45 EDT 2007

Antoon Pardon wrote:

> People are often enough not very exact in their communication and
> that goes double for people who are new in a particular subject.
> So I think it is entirely appropiate to think about the real question
> the person is strugling with that hides between the question
> actually asked.
>
> Yes sometimes those who try to guess the intentions of the OP
> are going totally off in the wrong direction. But I have also
> seen those people providing very helpfull information, while
> those that would stick to the "actual" question didn'y provide
> very usefull information.

And yet it's giving the *wrong* information if the person was asking
exactly the question they intended to ask.

If you think there is some ambiguity, you should *clarify* the question
before answering. Answering a different question to the one that is
asked just causes problems, and the kind of thread this has degenerated
into.

Tim Delaney