Getting Stack Trace on segfault

rocky.bernstein at gmail.com rocky.bernstein at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 09:36:15 EDT 2007

After a night's rest, I was able to add a function trace to pydb,
command option --fntrace, short option -F, and set/show command
"fntrace".

It's still a little bit funky. (Hey, I didn't get *that* good of a
rest). But it's out there in pydb's CVS in case folks want to try it.

Also, following an idea given in the recipe, I've extended the 'Call'
and 'Return' indicators so that we list the current stack level. For
"Return" we'll also list the return value (or at least a repr() of it
for strings and scalars) and/or return type. What's a little odd here
is that levels from the debugger are included in the nesting count. So
the top-level in the user program will be greater than 1.

It's possible there will be another release around the time of the
next ipython release since there is better coordination between the
two with respect to colorizing lines of code.