Python and XML?

Stefan Behnel stefan.behnel-n05pAM at web.de
Thu Apr 19 08:39:54 EDT 2007

Hi,

Leonard J. Reder wrote:
> Stefan Behnel wrote:
>> http://codespeak.net/lxml/objectify.html
>
> Looks like this stuff might do what I want.  Need to work through the
> example.
>
> Are you the author?

Yup! :)

> Why is this better then using gnossis?

lxml is faster and supports more XML standards. It's also more flexible in
that it allows you to replace element classes at basically any granularity and
thus add things to the Element API or even replace it as you see fit, without
loosing the standard XML features. You can even do that at the C-level, in
case you really need high-performance.

See the "extending lxml" section in the side menu at
http://codespeak.net/lxml/dev/
especially:
http://codespeak.net/lxml/dev/element_classes.html

Stefan