Custom Python Runtime

Jack nospam at invalid.com
Fri Apr 6 19:52:16 EDT 2007

Since the full installation of Python (from either the standard installer or
ActiveState installer) is too big for my intended use, I'd like to build a
custom distribution of Python for Windows platform, omitting some lib files,
such as audio, tk, printing, testing units, etc.

Is there a way to customize the Windows build? In my case, there is no need
to build an installer. The best way is to have everything in a directory, as
long as I know where to find Python and Python knows where to find the
necessary libs. Any online docs describing this? Thanks!