[python-advocacy] Would You Write Python Articles or Screencasts for Money?

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 11:14:44 EDT 2007

2007/4/24, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com>:

> and I was more looking for a way to reward authors of excellence, as
> judged by some subset of the Python community - this might have to be
> the PSF membership given the impracticality of running a meaningful poll
> with a larger set of voters.

Why? Because of spammers and/or false voters?

When I first read about this, I thought about a web page where anybody
could "propose" articles for voting, and anybody could vote them.
Monthly, an award goes for the top 1, and that article goes out from
the poll.

Why can't that be done?

Other point: what happens with all the non-english articles? Other categories?

> There are many other possibilities too. What about an award for "most
> helpful responses on c.l.py" over some period? I think one of the

How do you evaluate such thing? I think this is too complicated...

Regards,

--
.    Facundo

PyAr: http://www.python.org/ar/