import structures

Duncan Booth duncan.booth at invalid.invalid
Mon Apr 30 11:35:03 EDT 2007

spohle <spohle at gmail.com> wrote:

> as of now i have a __init__.py file in the directory with:
> from pkgutil import extend_path
> __path__ = extend_path(__path__, __name__)
>
> but i still have to import each class by it's own. im really looking
> for something like import wx
> and then get all my access right away under this new namespace.

You just need to make your __init__.py import anything you want to be
available directly under the package.

So if the folder pkg contains __init__.py, class1.py, class2.py all you
have to do is make pkg/__init__.py contain something like:

   from class1 import Class1
   from class2 import Class2

And then when using the package you can do:

  from pkg import Class1, Class2

or

  import pkg
  something = pkg.Class1()