import structures

Hamilton, William whamil1 at entergy.com
Mon Apr 30 11:41:40 EDT 2007

SomeThing
> > class, you could do this:
> >
> > import d
> > x = d.SomeThing()
> >
> > ---
> > -Bill Hamilton
>

> that doesn't seem to work for me. the from a import * will only give
> me a not d.a

"from blah import *" puts everything in blah into the current module's
namespace (or so I understand it).  This is different from "import
blah":  with the latter, you have to use "x = blah.SomeThing()".  With
the former, you can simply say "x = SomeThing()".

So, if a has a class SomeThing, and you import it into d using "from a
import *", in d you can use SomeThing's methods directly.  If you then
use "import d" in your main script, you can create a SomeThing instance
with
"x = d.SomeThing()".

---
-Bill Hamilton