Any Pythonistas in Mexico?

Alex Martelli aleax at mac.com
Sun Apr 15 22:38:32 EDT 2007

Gabriel Genellina <gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> En Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:56:32 -0300, Marcpp <marcpp at gmail.com> escribió:
>
> > On 12 abr, 09:41, Hugo González Monteverde <hug... at h-lab.net> wrote:
> >> Leí este mail viejísimo en una lista. Yo uso Python y también quería
> >> saber quién pythoneaba en México. Todavía estás por ahí?
> >
> > Yo vivo en España.
>
> Yo en Argentina. Hay un grupo comp.lang.python.general.castellano y su
> correspondiente lista, no se si habrá alguien de Mexico ahi.

I know there's a thriving Python community in Argentina (at least in
Buenos Aires), as Anna and I were there to speak at CaFeConf last fall
and enjoyed their delightful hospitality (plus, we were already friends
with Facundo Batista, the Argentinian author of Python standard
library's decimal module and some other cool stuff).  While I don't know
about any Python activity in Mexico, newsgroups or mailing lists in
Spanish seem to be the natural place to start looking.

(The Argentinians were so kind as to let me present in English -- I
could have tried Italian, my native language, but that's about as close
to Spanish as I could get, sigh -- so I hope you'll be equally lenient
of my responding in English... my undersanding of what you guys are
writing in Spanish is, I believe, pretty good, but _producing_ Spanish
myself is a completely different issue!-).

Alex