Python CGI and Browser timeout

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at clubdelarazon.org
Thu Apr 26 19:01:22 EDT 2007

On 26 Apr 2007 14:48:29 -0700, skulka3 at gmail.com <skulka3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> In order to work around this problem, I started printing empty strings
> (i.e. print "") so that the browser does not timeout.

How do you print something while doing the query and waiting for the results?
I saw some pages that display something like: "This page will be
updated in X seconds to show the results" (X is an estimated time
depending of server load), after a JS countdown, it refresh itself and
show the result or another "This page will be updated in X seconds to
show the results".

--
Sebastián Bassi (セバスティアン)
Diplomado en Ciencia y Tecnología.